Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! (a little late)


I tried to post this yesterday, but my computer locked up. The joys of technology!


Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Hubby and I decided to stay at home and spend the day together. I cooked a special dinner for him, paired with a bottle of wine a friend brought to me from Germany. Dessert was, of course, chocolate - Molten Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Cream. Yum!


This is the Valentine card I made for him. I used my new Always stamp set for this (bought it because of the incredible bird image and haven't used that one at all yet!) and the Cerise Designer Series Paper that was retired from the last catalog. Too bad - I really like this Designer Paper. Ribbons used were 1/4" black and 5/6" red grosgrains and the card base was Very Vanilla cardstock. The scallop/heart layer was popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals. The bottom edge was scalloped with a corner rounder and sponged with Real Red ink. When I got the card done, I just wasn't pleased with it, so I added the piercing on the scallops and underneath the phrase. Those little things really helped to finish the card!

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love this card! I miss the Cerise paper too - it was just soo yummy and fun to work with - V-day, Christmas, it worked for so many different things! Glad you and your husband had a wonderful V-day - that to me is better than fighting the crowds at the restaurants!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Pretty card! Sounds like a super Valentine's Day too! :)

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too!!! Cute card!

Robin said...

I love this set! Great card :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day!!

Debbi said...

Very Cute!

Vickie said...

Beautiful card!! It sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day :-)

Tracey said...

Georgous card! I hope your hubby liked the card and dinner! Your dessert sounds heavinly!

Stampin Mindy said...

great card.

Stampin' Colleen said...

Awesome card! TFS!

Erin... said...

great card and that cake sounds delicious!!

Jana O'Brien said...

Really pretty! Love the layers on the focal image.