Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Recipe


It dawned on me after I posted yesterday that I should really include a recipe for any card or project I post. What do you think?

The recipe for the peek a boo card in the previous post is as follows (yes, I added the card to this post, too!). All items used are from Stampin' Up, of course!

Stamps
So Many Scallops (SAB)
Lots of Thoughts (SAB)
A Beautiful Thing
Stem Sayings

Ink
Lovely Lilac
Lavendar Lace
Cameo Coral
Old Olive
Apricot Appeal

Paper/Cardstock
Bashful Blue
Certainly Celery
Apricot Appeal
Whisper White
Celery Prints Designer Paper

Accessories
5/8" Celery Grosgrain Ribbon
Stampin' Dimensionals

Punches
Assorted round
scallop circle
5 point flower

Basic Instructions
Stamp flower images onto white, punch out with scallop circle punch. Punch a 5 pointed flower from celery cardstock, cut in half-ish. Stamp stems onto blue card base. Adhere flowers to top of stems. Punch circle out of top right flower, through flower and front of card. Either stamp saying through the hole, or open card up and stamp. TIP: The Stamp-a-ma-jig REALLY helps at this step. Stamp flower center, punch, adhere to punched layer, adhere to flower with a Stampin' Dimensional. Adhere 'leaves' to the stems. Tear designer paper along one edge and adhere to bottom of card over leaves, leaving just a bit peeking out above paper. Knot ribbon and adhere towards the top edge of designer paper.

Now... pick out some lucky person to receive your artwork, sign the card, pop into an envelope and mail it!


I have to tell you, the punches really make this card incredibly easy to make! If you know me, you know I am a punch-aholic... this card really shows why!

7 comments:

Stampin' Colleen said...

All SU! blog roll member... lovely card! I love the color combo. Makes me yearn for spring!

Jana O'Brien said...

I love this card! Great ideas for both the peek a boo and using the 5 petal flower punch for the leaves.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the name of your blog! I'm anxious to see more of your creations!

Debbi said...

Adorable card! Fun Flowery colors and great peek-a-boo!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great card Nicole! Super cute! :) Can't wait to get some new SAB stuff!

Anonymous said...

Great card! So Many Scallops is my favorite SAB set this year!

Stephanie (sluman) said...

Super cute card!