Sunday, March 16, 2008

Easter: A card and rub-ons redux

I think it's been a while since I've posted a card on my blog! Easter is only a week away and I've got both a card and a home decor project to show you....

First the card. I am really pleased with how it turned out. I used Wild Wasabi textured cardstock for the base. Actually, this is from the Wild About Wasabi promotion going on through the end of April. Check out the details HERE. I am IN LOVE with textured cardstock, by the way - I can't get enough of it, but I'm finding that it's one of those things that I hoard... you know... want to use it, but if I use it I won't have any for when I REALLY want to use it. How silly is that? So I am trying diligently to hoard less and use more!

For the main image, I watercolored the leaves using the Garden Green watercolor crayon & the Aquapainter. For the center of the flower, the Apricot Appeal WWC & Aquapainter. For the flower itself, I simply added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the petals. What a WOW effect! Make sure you click on the picture to see the full-size version!

Supplies
Stamps: From the Garden (Hostess), All Holidays
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi textured, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Shimmery White
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, Aquapainter, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Silver brads, 2-way Glue, Round Tab Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


And now the home decor (I know - you really wanted to see this first, but I was holding out on you!). My inspiration for these decorated eggs and crate came directly from Stampin' Up's Spring Summer 2008 Collection - page 27. I really wanted to recreate the item to use for spring & Easter decoration. Stampin' Up's rub-on's made it so easy! A rub-on on each egg, whitewashed acrylic paint and ribbons on the crate, a bit of paper shreds - and you end up with a really cute project!

Here's a close-up of a few of the eggs...

Supplies
Accessories: Eastern Elegance Rub-ons, Apricot & Pink grosgrain ribbon, Soft Sky & River Rock Double-stitched Ribbon


Have a wonderful, blessed Easter!

14 comments:

Debbi said...

What a beautiful card, I love that set!!! I love the speckles on your egg, great idea!

Jana O'Brien said...

Both of these are beautiful! I love how you used the brads on the flap.

Anonymous said...

so sweet-I have been searching for teh egss with no luck around here-yours came out great!

Unknown said...

Love your eggs!!! I want to try this too-what kind of eggs did you use and where did you get them???

Marilyn said...

This is a great idea and looks like it stepped out of a Martha Stewart catalog!! Thanks for sharing!!

Trini said...

The eggs are amazing, TFS!

Vickie said...

Very pretty card! I love your decorated eggs, too cute!!

Kathy W said...

great projects, where did you fin the eggs?

Stampin' Colleen said...

Pretty Projects! The eggs are wonderful!

Erin... said...

beautiful projects!! hope you had a happy easter.

Robin said...

How sweet! and that flower is perfect for easter :) Great job

Unknown said...

I didn't know what I would do with that hostess set, great card!!! I've tagged you..Check my blog for details.

Jennifer Orbaker said...

These are a great decoration!

Unknown said...

The eggs are just amazing. I really LOVE them. Wow.

Jessica
http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/