Sunday, June 08, 2008

A quickie storage solution - handmade of course!

I'm terrible about pens. I usually just leave them laying around on my desk and they're either getting in the way or I can't find any. I finally decided that I needed a container to keep them in - not too small but not too big. And it had to be cute! Usually I'd just grab an old glass or jar out of the cupboard, but my goodness - I'm a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I can MAKE cute, right??


I hadn't really used any of the Die Cut Blooms from the Occasions mini catalog, but they've been laying close at hand, just waiting for inspiration to strike. And it just so happened that I had a package of Bali Breeze Designer Paper, too, which matched the colors of the Die Cut Blooms (and my mood!) perfectly. With those in hand, I started the process of making my own, cute, pencil holder.


I cut a 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Tempting Turquiose cardstock, wrapped it into a tube shape and adhered it forever using Sticky Strip. If I'd have thought ahead of time, I would've punched the scallop edge before I adhered it, but I must not have had enough coffee that day, so alas, I did it as an after thought. On top of that, I layered a 3 3/4" piece of the Bali Breeze paper (more Sticky Strip) - no scallops on this layer! The bottom circle was cut from more Tempting Turquiose cardstock using the Colluzle and adhered on with Crystal Effects - yes, this will stay on forever, too! For the front medallion, I chose a pumpkin flower from the Die Cut Blooms - I just LOVE that Stampin' Up chose to use textured cardstock for these! The red center is also from the Die Cut Blooms. I adhered them together, punched a hole in the middle and added a gorgeous rhinestone brad. The leaves were made by punching a 5 Petal Flower from Old Olive cardstock, cutting the petals apart, and adhering them to the back of the flower. All of that was adhered onto the front of my pencil holder using my old standby - Stampin' Dimensionals.


What do you think? Did I achieve cuteness?? :D

1 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Yes, you did achieve cuteness! It's so cheery!