Monday, May 26, 2008

More Chipboard

Just a few more days left in SU's chipboard special. Here are a couple of samples to help inspire you.

The first is one of SU's chipboard clipboards that I altered. I have to admit that I'm not big into scrapbooking, but I do love altering items to use as picture 'frames'. This one was so easy to make... I covered the chipboard with designer paper and cut/punched additional pieces out of the same DS pack for the medallions, for the picture mat, and for the photo corners. I stamped and embossed 'Cherish' and added a couple pieces of Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon to it. Very quick an easy!





Supplies:
4 1/2" x 9" On Board Clipboard
Outlaw Designer Paper (retired)
Blue Bayou & Really Rust cardstock
Chocolate Chip craft ink
Clear embossing powder
Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon
Pewter Jumbo Eyelet
Fire Rhinestone Brad
Scallop punch
Photo corners punch
Spiral Punch
1 3/8" circle punch
1/8" circle punch
Stampin' Dimensionals


The next is an altered file folder that I made. I do have pictures in it now... they're all in black and white. I chose to use black & white pictures so that I didn't have to worry about coordinating colors in the pictures to the colors I used for the folder. This is a great tip to remember for all of your scrapbooking - black and white pictures will coordinate with any color scheme!

The file folder was first partially covered with apricot textured cardstock. The rest of the folder was covered with designer paper from the Bali Breeze collection - this is one of my favorite designer paper collections! I hid the edges by running grosgrain ribbon from top to bottom. The black rub-ons are from the Cherished Memories set - I love how well they adhere, even to textured cardstock. The chipboard pieces on the front were 'painted' with craft inks. To some I added glitter, to another I added a rub-on from A Perfect Day set (from the current Occasions Mini-catalog). The hardware that I used is from the GORGEOUS Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (also from the current Occasions Mini-catalog). The photo flaps are simply layered cardstock attached together with Prong Fasteners that you can find in any office supply store. I had so much fun making this!















Supplies:

Bali Breeze Desiger Paper
Apricot Appeal textured cardstock
Tempting Turquiose, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie Cardstock
A Perfect Day, Cherished Memories Rub-ons
Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware
Grosgrain Ribbon
Chunky Glitter
Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
On Board Blossoms & Basics chipboard



6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I just love your idea of using file folders to create this awesome album!! I also love your chipboard clipboard - *now that is a mouthful! LOL!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Jana O'Brien said...

Great projects, Nicole! I am a big fan of the clipboards; they make great gifts.

Kathy W said...

great projects, have to try that file folder idea

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Love your altered projects! I finally bought one of those chipboard clipboards and can't wait to play around with it. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Deb said...

this is fantastic!!!!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful work! :)