Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bloom Framed Print

With only a couple of weeks left to take advantage of Stampin' Up's Chipboard promotion, I want to show a sample of what you can do with our chipboard. You're going to love the chipboard.. it's thick, it's smooth, it's awesome!



This project was made using a piece from the Ginormous Pieces chipboard set. The scalloped frame is 8" x 8" square... huge! I covered it with a piece of Afternoon Tea designer paper from the Occasions mini catalog - isn't it yummy?? I cut it close to the chipboard, then sanded the edges smooth. The stamp set is also from the Occasions mini - it's the Bloomin' Beautiful set that I just fell in love with as soon as I saw it! Then again, it's a floral set... I love floral, and I love hydrandeas!

The main image is done in three layers. The first was stamped onto the background cardstock. Two other images were stamped separately. I cut pieces of the flowers out and layered them onto the first image using Stampin' Dimensionals to pop them out of the page and give lots of dimension to them. The silver frame is from the silver Hodgepodge hardware, also from the Occasions mini catalog.

Don't forget to click on the picture above to see the project up close. It's hard to see the dimension of the hydrangea, though, so you'll have to use your imagination! ;)

Other supplies used:

Soft Sky In Color cardstock & classic ink
Chocolate Chip cardstock
Whisper White cardstock
Basic Brown classic ink
Glue stick
SNAIL adhesive
Sand paper
Paper snips

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

thanks for inspiration, I have this chipboard set and had good intentions of making a frame set with it. Sadly, still sitting empty.

Marilyn said...

This turned out so cute!! I love what you've done with this chipboard - I wouldn't have tried covering it with paper with all the scallops to cut out - but now - you make it sound so easy!! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie (sluman) said...

Beautiful! That DSP is perfect!

Jana O'Brien said...

This is gorgeous and a great showcase for our accessories!